Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's A Shower

Yesterday I threw a shower for my soon to be sister in law Mollie, she's marrying Alex's brother Kasey. It was lots of fun and lots of work, but it was worth it. I'm so excited for her to join our family. I decided this is something that's blog worthy, and I'm going to show off what I did, because that's what blogging is all about........showing off, isn't it? :)
I love kettle corn, I got the idea to make it from getting it on the 4th of July, it's really easy to make too. I made the cones out of parchment paper and the holder out of a shirt box.
Gotta love the Martha Stewart flower poms. That's a picture of Kasey and Molly, it was kind of ironic that it was "orange and red".
Got the idea from Bakerella.blogspot.com, she makes cupcake pops but I didn't like the way her's tasted. I made these instead which are just normal cupcakes and I used a small cupcake pan, put them in the freezer for 10 min., dipped the bottoms in milk chocolate put them on a plate top down, put a lollipop stick in them, put them in the fridge for 10 min., dipped them in colored white chocolate, put sprinkles and m&m's on top, left them in the fridge, and wrapped them after they cooled.
I got this box at Target and made the label that says "Advice" on scrapblog.com, then I printed on a mailing label. The advice card I printed on cardstock and stamped on the orange design.
I made the waffle bowles and they were really easy too, they sell waffle cone makers at Target and it comes with the recipe. I shaped the bowl from a sundae bowl. Alex's mom made the delicious sherbet ice cream.

No comments: