Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Help please

I was at the dollar store the other day and I saw these cute flowers, I don't really like flower arrangements but I thought I could make something cute with them. The wood box is from the wood connection.


Here's the finished look, I painted the box brown and put a shine finish to it.

It just doesn't look complete, it needs a little somthing. Now this is where I need your help! What should I put on the box? Should I tie ribbon around it with a bow? I can't seen to figure out what color to do, red, green, cream, yellow? Please give me some tips! I was also thinking maybe a cute vinyl saying or a metal imbellishemnt? What do you think?

Oh yeah I also got this cute Harvest sign from Target on their dollar isle. Isn't it cute only $2.50!

6 comments:

Carrera said...

okay it always adds a lot when you sand it (really well around the edges) and then stain over the top of it! it makes it look so good! and i would do either the ribbon or the vinyl... i wouldnt know what you would want it to say though.. the robbon would be good caus eyou could switch it if you get sick of it! but try the sand and stain..its an easy solution and adds a lot.

Stef, Joe and Kade said...

Vinyl lettering is my answer to everything. My aunt sells Uppercase Living. I don't know if you have ever heard of it but, you can order on her website or, my friend is having a party on the 17th. You can come or you can let me know what you want and I can order it for you. They have a cute one that says "Bloom" or you can create your own saying. Anyway... Her website is: http://leighanne.uppercaseliving.net/Home.m

Shea said...

Hey Meg, don't look at the time! I am up late catching up on my friends blogs. I don't get much time in the day, busy with my boys:) Anyway I love looking at your crafts! You make me want to be more crafty hehe if that's a word:) I have a cricut as well that Brad got me for mommy's day. i haven't really used it yet but I am so excited to make cute things. i love your birthday sign. My boys would love that. I think for the flowers I would use vinyl. Way cute idea!

Oh So Domestic said...

Thanks for the tips! I will definetly do vinyl.

Positively Creative! said...

I would say mod podge paper on the front only, what if you hot glued the harvest block to the front middle of the box?...I think I would add some moss to the inside of the planter, you could tie some ribbon around the planter and then put a small little grapevine wreath with a scarecrow cute tag with the word "blessings" or "thanks".....mmm

Positively Creative! said...

BTW I like the two together, they compliment eachother..